- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Personal Cloud Setup
How To Setup Seagate Personal Cloud
- How To Fix Seagate Personal Cloud Red Light Blinking Issue?
- How To Fix Seagate Personal Cloud Blinking White?
- How To Reset Seagate Personal Cloud?
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- How To Connect To Seagate Personal Cloud?
- How To Configure Seagate Personal Cloud?
- How To Recover Seagate Personal Cloud Data?
- How To Install Plex On Seagate Personal Cloud Hard Drive?
- How To Download And Install Seagate Seatools?
- Seagate-S drive Missing
Seagate Personal Cloud drive is an external hard drive designed to store and access your data over a local network. Like other cloud devices, you have to connect this drive to your network device (router) over a wired connection to store or access its data. Once the drive is connected to the network, it is ready to use.
Before going into the Seagate Personal Cloud setup process, let’s see some important features offered by this drive.
The Seagate Personal Cloud drive’s dashboard helps you in:
- Backing up your data automatically from the computer to the drive.
- Creating and maintaining your media library easily with the Smart Copy feature.
If you wish to back up your data from thea smartphone to your drive, you can use the Seagate Mobile Backup app. Using this app, you can:
- Back up your data.
- Stream content from the drive’s media library to smartphones, smart TVs, and other media devices.
Seagate Personal Cloud’s Backup Manager helps you in:
- Backing up your photos, videos, or files to the cloud/a USB attached storage or NAS device.
- Syncing data with the cloud services like Dropbox, Amazon Webservices, etc.
Preparing The Drive For The Setup
- Ensure that the Seagate Personal Cloud drive is removed from its package and ready to set up.
- Check to ensure that the power cord, adapter, and user guide are provided with the drive.
Checking The System, Hardware, Web Browser, And Internet Requirements
Check to ensure that your computer and the router meet the following requirements.
Router with one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- Windows: Vista, 7, 8.1, and 10
- Mac: 10.8 or later
Internet & Browser Requirements
- An active Iinternet connection.
- Browser: Internet Explorer 9 or later, Firefox 5 or later, Chrome 11 or later, and Safari 5 or later
Connecting The Drive To The Network
- Plug one of the ends of the Ethernet cord’s one end into your router and the opposite end into the Seagate Personal Cloud drive.
- Connect one of the ends of the power cable’s one end into the adapter and the other end into an active AC outlet.
- Insert the other end of the power adapter into your drive.
- Turn on the router and the drive.
- Now, you can see the LED flashing in white on your drive.
- Once the drive is connected to your network, the flashing white lights turns to a solid white light.
Configuring The Seagate Access Account
Now, to access your drive remotely, you have to set up the Seagate Access account. To do so, you can use the Personal Cloud app (available with the web browser) or the Seagate Media aApp (for the Android OS or iOS).
The following instructions explain setting up the Seagate Access account using the Seagate Media app.
- Install the Seagate Media app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or Apple App Sstore.
- Ensure that your smartphone (Android or iOS) is connected to the same network the drive is connected to.
- Launch the app.
- Tap More > Settings > Remote Access > Seagate Personal Cloud.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to configure your Seagate Access account.
Contact us to know more about setting up the Seagate Personal Cloud drive.