- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Hard Drive Beeping
Seagate External Hard Drive Beeping No Light
- How To Connect Seagate Hard Drive To PS4?
- How To Connect Seagate Hard Drive To The Router?
- Solved: Seagate Hard Disk Drive Shows Unallocated Space
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Not Recognized Mac?
- How To Install Seagate Hard Drive On Your Computer?
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Corrupted And Unreadable?
- How To Update Seagate Hard Drive Firmware?
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Not Being Detected?
- How Do I Fix Seagate Hard Drive Failure?
- Solved: Seagate Hard Drive Not Working
The Seagate External Hard Drive is usually a device that operates without much noise, but there are times when the device sounds like a beeper. Most of the time, this happens as soon as the drive is connected to a computer. But it is considered normal since it is running on a computer and can be resolved in no time. There are times when the device gives out abnormal sounds like a click, beep, or vibration or grinding noise that indicates that there might be an error with the device.
There have been several complaints from users of the Seagate drive regarding the noise when connected to a computer. The hardware noise that occurs is quite common on most of the Seagate devices. You can follow one or more of the troubleshooting methods given here to fix Seagate external hard drive beeping no light.
Method 1: Clear The Dust
At times the Seagate device makes the beep sound when the ports are accumulated with dust. The steps to clear the dust from the port are as follows:
- Disconnect the external device from the computer.
- Unplug the cable from the Seagate device.
- Blow air into the ports of the computer, the cable, and also the hard drive.
- Doing so will remove all the dust accumulated inside the port.
- Reconnect the cable to the Seagate device and connect it to the computer to see if the beeping issue has been resolved.
Method 2: Use Another Cable
Sometimes this issue can occur if there is any fault with the cable used to connect the Seagate device to your computer.
- You can try a different cable to connect the drive to the computer.
- Once done, check if the issue has been resolved.
- Follow these steps to fix Seagate hard drive beeping no light.
Method 3: Plug The Seagate Hard Drive To A Different Port
One more reason that could cause the beep noise could be a faulty port on your computer.
- Disconnect the cable connected to the computer and reconnect to a different port on the computer.
- See if the hard drive noise is gone after this step.
Method 4: Fix The Drive Using The Check Disk Utility
- Connect the drive to your computer.
- Click the Start button and open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command:
- Chkdsk g:/r
- The command will run and check for errors in the connected external hard drive.
If you need a remote assistance to fix Seagate external hard drive beeping no light. Click the call button available on the screen.