- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Hard Drive Unallocated Space
Fix Seagate Hard Disk Drive Shows Unallocated Space
- How To Connect Seagate Hard Drive To PS4?
- How To Connect Seagate Hard Drive To The Router?
- Seagate Hard Drive Beeping No Light – How To Fix?
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Not Recognized Mac?
- How To Install Seagate Hard Drive On Your Computer?
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Corrupted And Unreadable?
- How To Update Seagate Hard Drive Firmware?
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Not Being Detected?
- How Do I Fix Seagate Hard Drive Failure?
- Solved: Seagate Hard Drive Not Working
Usually, when a new hard disk drive is purchased, it would be unallocated. If the Seagate Hard Disk Drive shows unallocated space, then you cannot write any data on it. But if an already partitioned hard disk turns unallocated, then it would be due to the following reasons.
- Damaged file system.
- Internal error.
- Virus attack.
- Improper ejecting (external hard drive).
- Outdated hard drive software.
Carry out the troubleshooting instructions given below to solve Seagate hard disk drive shows Unallocated space.
- Run the built-in antivirus program or any other third-party antivirus software to remove the virus from the faulty Seagate hard drive.
Updating The Hard Drive
- Right-click the Start icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select the Device Manager option, navigate to the Disk Drive section, and right-click the unallocated space of the Seagate hard drive.
- Select the Properties option followed by the Driver option and click the Update Driver button.
- Press the Win and R keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Type ‘cmd’ without the single quotes in the Run dialog box and click OK.
- The Command Prompt window will now appear on the screen.
- Type the ‘chkdsk H: /f/r/x’ command without including the quotes and press Enter.
- Note: Replace the letter H with the drive letter of the unallocated Seagate hard drive.
- Launch DiskPart and enter the following commands one by one.
- List volume.
- Select volume H.
- Delete volume.
- Delete volume override.
- Open the Disk Management window and then right-click the unallocated space of the Seagate hard drive.
- Now, you have to create a new partition and assign a new file system.
- Now you should be able to access the hard drive.
If you having any further queries regarding how to fix Seagate Hard Drive Unallocated Space. Click the call button available on the screen.