- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Goflex Home Firmware Update
Seagate Goflex Home Firmware Update
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate GoFlex Home is a network storage drive. It is produced by Seagate to store and access your data over the internet. This NAS drive allows you to access the data stored on multiple computers from one single location simultaneously. It’s also pretty easy to set up. Just connect the drive to your wireless router using an Ethernet cable, and it is ready to use.
Scroll down this page to know the Seagate GoFlex Home firmware update process in detail.
First of all, there might be a question swarming in your mind, and that is:
Is the firmware update necessary?
YES! A firmware update is necessary for the drive to respond properly and fix the common bugs for better performance.
You can update the drive’s firmware easily and quickly, like installing a software.
Updating The Goflex Home Drive Firmware
To update the firmware of your Seagate drive, first, you have to download the latest version of it. After doing that, run the downloaded file on your computer to update it. Follow the instructions below for the same.
Downloading The Firmware File
- Go to the Seagate GoFlex Home drive’s support page from your computer browser.
- Navigate to the Firmware Downloads section.
- Type your drive’s serial number in the given field. (Note: You can find your drive’s serial number in the label available at the back or bottom of the drive).
- Click the Search for Firmware button.
- Download the available firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
Installing The Firmware File
- Initially, make sure that your computer and the Seagate GoFlex Home drive are connected to the same network. Also, ensure that your computer has recognized the drive.
- Now, run the downloaded firmware file on your computer.
- Update the firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
- After updating the firmware, restart your computer and the drive.
Contact us to know more about updating the Seagate GoFlex Home drive’s firmware.