- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Firecuda 530 Heatsink Ps5
Install Seagate Firecuda 530 Heatsink Into PS5
- How To Update Seagate Firecuda 530 Firmware?
- Seagate Firecuda 530 Not Showing Up
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- Seagate Game Drive For PS4 Compatible With PS5
- How To Install Paragon Seagate Driver?
- How To Install Firecuda 530 Into PS5?
- Moving data between two systems
- How To Download Seagate Seatools?
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Increase the storage space of your PS5 console with the high-speed PCle Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD. It expands your storage slot and allows you to store and play more games. It lets you experience the true speed that your PS5 offers. By installing Seagate FireCuda 530 Heatsink on your PS5, you get extra storage space and speed. It is the perfect solution to keep up with the speed of your PS5. You can easily move your games between PS5 internal storage, a connected USB storage device, and the M.2 SSD storage. In addition, the built-in Heatsink helps reduce thermal throttling while maximizing the performance for a long time.
Installation Of Firecuda 530 Heatsink Into Your PS5
- Before you install the FireCuda 530 heatsink, update the system software.
- Go to Settings –> System Software.
- Select System Software Update and Settings.
- Choose Update System Software.
- Now, select the Update Using Internet option.
After updating, follow the steps to install your SSD.
- Press and hold the power button on your console for three seconds to turn it off.
- Remove all the connections and devices from the PS5 console.
- If your PS5 console is warm, allow it to cool down.
- Place your PS5 console on a soft dry cloth on a flat surface to avoid accidental falls or damage.
- Remove the base from the console.
- Position the console with the PS logo facing down, screw hole for the base facing you, and the power button is at your left.
- Now, gently remove the console cover.
- Find the expansion slot covered with a rectangular cover.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the screw.
- Remove the rectangular cover over the expansion slot.
- Take out the screw and spacer.
- Adjust the spacer to the size of M.2 SSD.
- Hold the one edge of the FireCuda 530 with Heatsink and place it with the notch on the expansion connector.
- Firmly insert FireCuda 530 with Heatsink into the slot.
Note: Release any static electricity from your body by touching a metal-grounded object. This could prevent your FireCuda 530 or PS5 console from damaging.
Important Notice: If you fail to properly fix your FireCuda 530 with Heatsink into its dedicated slot, it may damage the terminal and PS5 console.
- Gently tilt FireCuda down and secure it.
- Put the expansion slot cover back in its place and fasten the screw.
- Replace the PS5 cover carefully.
- Connect the power cord and other accessories to the console and turn it on.
- When the console turns on, you will be prompted to Format M.2 SSD.
- Click Format M.2 SSD.
- Wait for the formatting process to complete.
- Once completed, click OK and again click OK.
- Next, we can choose the location where you want the games to be installed.
- Choose the Installation Location option.
- Click PS5 Games and Apps and choose M.2 SSD Storage.
- Next, click PS4 Games and Apps and choose M.2 SSD Storage.
- Click OK.
We’re done with the installation process. That’s easy! Right? Now, you can store a lot of games on your PS5 console. Moreover, you will experience a speed that you haven’t witnessed before.
We hope you have successfully installed the Seagate FireCuda 530 with Heatsink SSD on your PS5. If you face any installation issues or have any other queries related to an external drive, call us for quick assistance. Enjoy Gaming!.