- Seagate Support »
- Install Seagate Firecuda 530 Into PS5 Console
Install Seagate Firecuda 530 Into PS5 Console
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Are you planning to increase the storage space of your console? If yes, continue reading this page to know how to install the Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 SSD into your PS5 console. Running out of storage space is the worst thing that one can face while using a gaming console. The latest version of PlayStation, i.e., PS5, supports both an external hard drive and internal SSD. So, based on your need and availability, you can use EHD or internal SSD to upgrade your console’s storage space.
The following step-by-step instructions explain “how to install FireCuda 530 in PS5” in detail.
STEP 1: Required components
Before you begin the SSD installation process, ensure that you meet the following needs:
- A flat surface to use the console comfortably.
- #1 Phillips or cross-head screwdriver
STEP 2: Updating the console software
- The PS5 console software should be up-to-date to install and use a third-party SSD on it.
- Turn on the console if it is turned off.
- Make sure that your PS5 console is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Open the Settings screen on your console.
- Select System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software > Update Using Internet.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
- Once the update process is completed, turn off the console by holding down its Power button for three seconds.
STEP 3: Installing Firecuda 530 SSD into the console
- Unplug all the cables from the console.
- Now, place the PS5 console on a flat surface.
- Remove the console’s rear cover (it looks like a long rectangular part).
- Now, locate the internal SSD slot inside the console.
- Unscrew the screw mounting the expansion slot cover of SSD and remove it.
- Now, unpack the Seagate FireCuda 530 SSD.
- Remove the screw from the expansion slot.
- Install the unpacked SSD in the slot.
- Make sure that the drive is installed and aligned properly.
- Tilt the drive down.
- Close the expansion slot cover.
- Fasten the screw.
- Close the back cover of the console.
STEP 4: Formatting the drive
- Connect all the cables back to the PS5 console and turn it on.
- As soon as the console turns on, the Formatting window opens.
- Format the Seagate FireCuda 530 drive by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once the formatting is completed, the drive is ready to use.
Contact us to know more about installing Seagate FireCuda 530 on your PS5.