- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Game Drive For Ps4
How To Install Seagate Game Drive For PS4?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate has launched a game drive for PS4. You can plug your PS4 directly to this game drive and start playing your favorite games. The Seagate Game Drive is built with 2TB maximum storage capacity and 50 + Game Capacity. Features available in this game drive are easy installation, sleek, thin, and portable. The starting price of this game drive is $89.99. Here how to install Seagate Game Drive for ps4 device, get the below-mentioned components.
- USB external drive – used during the backup process.
- Phillips head screwdriver – to remove screws from PS4.
- USB flash drive – to store the PS4 OS file.
The overall installation process takes place in four stages. They are
- Back up your PS4 device.
- Replace the current drive with the Seagate Game Drive in PS4
- Install your drive OS on the computer
- Restore all game data into the PS4 device
Procedure to back up your PS4 device
- First, connect your Play Station 4 device to the USB external drive.
- Switch on your computer.
- Navigate to your computer’s Settings section.
- Click System > Backup & Restore > Back Up PS4.
- Perform the procedures as instructed on the screen.
- When prompted, click the Back Up to Start option.
- Now, your PS4 device will start the backup process.
- Once the backup process is completed, the Back-Up done successfully message will appear on the screen.
- Click the OK button on the last screen.
- Now, your PS4 device will begin to reboot.
- After the reboot, power the PS4 completely off.
Quick steps to replace the current drive with the Seagate Game Drive in PS4.
- Unpack the Seagate Game Drive completely.
- Now, using the Philips head screwdriver, remove all screws from the PS4.
- Open your PS4 device cover.
- Locate the drive slot and remove the current drive from it.
- Replace the drive slot with the Seagate Game Drive.
- Close the PS4 cover.
- Remount all screws into its slot.
- Using these steps we can execute that how to install seagate game drive for ps4.
Instructions to install your Seagate Game drive’s OS on the computer
- Now, connect the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Go to the PS4 device’s official site.
- Locate and select the Perform a New Installation of the System Software option.
- Click the Download Now button.
- Now, the selected file will start to download.
- On the USB flash drive, create a folder titled PS4.
- Go to the created PS4 folder and create another folder named UPDATE.
- Make sure to name all folders in caps.
- Locate and copy the file named PS4UPDATE.PUP.
- Move or paste the copied file name inside the UPDATE folder.
- Now, unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
- Switch on your PS4 device.
- Wait for the Safe Mode screen to open.
- On the Safe Mode screen, click the Initialize PS4 option.
- Now, reconnect the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Click OK > Yes.
- Now, the Seagate Game drive’s OS installation process begins.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- After that, perform the instructions as displayed on the screen.
Steps to restore all game data into the PS4 device
- Link your PS4 device to the computer.
- Go to your computer’s Settings section.
- Choose System > Backup and Restore > Restore PS4.
- Click the Restore button when prompted.
- Now, the game data restoration process begins.
- Once it is completed, your PS4 device should restart.
- After the restart, you can begin to access the game content from your PS4 device.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to install seagate game drive for ps4.
Click Call button if you need remote assistance in installing the Seagate Game drive in PS4.