- Seagate Support »
- Update Seagate Hard Drive Firmware
How To Do Seagate Firmware Update?
- How To Download And Install Seagate SeaTools?
- How To Connect Seagate Hard Drive To The Router?
- Seagate Hard Drive Beeping No Light – How To Fix?
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Not Recognized Mac?
- How To Install Seagate Hard Drive On Your Computer?
- How To Connect Seagate Hard Drive To PS4?
- Seagate Hard Drive Corrupted And Unreadable
- How To Fix Seagate Hard Drive Not Being Detected?
- How Do I Fix Seagate Hard Drive Failure?
- Solved: Seagate Hard Drive Not Working
Firmware maintains the storage settings and the default factory settings on the drive and enables communication with the computer to which the drive is connected. Seagate Firmware Update may not be a simple task for everyone, as there are many problems that could arise due to the incorrect firmware update. Read the guidelines below to learn Seagate Firmware Update.
Step-1: Find Drive Model And Serial Number
- On your computer, open the browser application and type the official Seagate website URL and press Enter.
- Search for the Drive Detect software file and click its download link to download the file on the system.
- Connect the Seagate drive to the computer.
- Now, open the file to start running it and then a window opens up on the screen.
- The software detects all the drives connected to the system, note down your drive Serial number, model number, and firmware revision code.
Step-2: Download The Firmware
- Visit the official Seagate Download finder webpage from the browser window.
- Once the page opens up, enter the Serial Number and select your Country/Region from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Seagate’s End User License Agreement link and then read the terms and conditions.
- After that, tick the checkbox to accept the agreement policies and then click Submit Query.
- Download the firmware version you want and save it on the computer.
Step-3: Seagate Firmware Update
- Open the firmware update utility and then choose the preferred language from the drop-down list.
- When the Seagate firmware update welcome screen shows up, check the firmware version the utility supports and click Next.
- In case you did not back up the drive, proceed to back up the data on the drive and continue with the process.
- Now, carefully read the End User License Agreement For Seagate Software and click the radio button beside I accept to go next.
- Carefully read the instructions under Seagate Firmware Update Utility Start and click Proceed.
- The system reboots and the message, “Seagate Loading” appears on a black screen.
- Wait until the boot process completes, after which the system reboots again.
- If the system fails reboot automatically, then do it manually. For more solutions on Seagate Firmware Update on our experts.