- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Personal Cloud Troubleshooting
Seagate Personal Cloud Troubleshooting
- How To Fix Seagate Personal Cloud Red Light Blinking Issue?
- How To Fix Seagate Personal Cloud Blinking White?
- How To Setup Seagate Personal Cloud?
- Backup Plus(Seagate) Hard drive not detected
- How To Connect To Seagate Personal Cloud?
- How To Configure Seagate Personal Cloud?
- How To Recover Seagate Personal Cloud Data?
- How To Install Plex On Seagate Personal Cloud Hard Drive?
- How To Download And Install Seagate Seatools?
- Seagate-S drive Missing
Seagate Personal Cloud is one of the best storage solutions for everyone in your household. It lets you organize your important files in a single destination. Despite all these convenient features, Seagate Personal Cloud may malfunction for several reasons. Still, you can fix the issue efficiently when you handle it with the right strategy. Read this article to know the common troubleshooting solutions to fix your Seagate Personal Cloud.
Check The Connection
- Whenever your Seagate Personal Cloud starts to malfunction, you should check the connection in the first place. See if the Personal Cloud and your router are connected firmly. Disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable to your Personal Cloud and the router.
- If you find any damage to your Ethernet cable, replace it with a new one.
- Sometimes, restarting the router can also help you fix the problem. To do this, power off your router and disconnect all the cables connected to it. Wait for a minute. Then, reconnect all the cables to your router and turn it on.
- Now, connect your Personal Cloud to the router and check if the problem is fixed.
Check The Power Supply
- For your Seagate Personal Cloud to work effectively, it should be connected to an uninterrupted power source so that it can receive a continuous power supply.
- If there is a power shortage in your location, it will impact the performance of your Seagate Personal Cloud.
- Therefore, connect your Seagate Personal Cloud to a steady power source and check whether your issue is resolved.
Configure A Proxy Server
- The proxy server is the one that acts as a mediator between your computer and the Internet. It lets your computers connect to other network services. Sometimes, when you configure a proxy server, it can help you fix the Seagate Personal Cloud issue.
- Open Device Manager on your Windows computer and click Show advanced settings> Network.
- Go to the Proxy tab. Select the Proxy server option and enter its address in the respective field.
- When prompted, enter your name and password. Finally, click on Apply.
Reset Your Personal Cloud
Whatever the issue is, resetting your device can help you fix the problem quickly. When you reset your Personal Cloud, you will not lose your data. However, the network settings will be reset to the factory defaults. Therefore, you have to go through the setup process again after the reset process. To reset your Seagate Personal Cloud, follow these instructions.
- Turn off your Personal Cloud.
- Find the Reset button on the back of your Personal Cloud device. Press and hold the Reset button using a paper clip or a pointed object.
- While pressing the Reset button, press the Power button to turn on your Personal Cloud. After 20 seconds, release the Reset button.
- Now, the LED will blink red. Make sure not to turn off your Personal Cloud when it blinks red.
- Wait until your device resets to the default factory settings. Then, the LED of your Personal Cloud will remain lit.
- Now, go through the setup procedure again and configure your device.
These are some of the best troubleshooting solutions that can be implemented to fix your Seagate Personal Cloud issue. For further questions and clarifications, reach our technical experts.