- Seagate Support »
- Connect Goflex Home Directly To Computer
Connect Seagate Goflex Home Directly To Computer
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Learn how to connect your Seagate GoFlex Home drive directly to your Windows computer.
Seagate GoFlex Home is a network external storage device that allows you to store and access your data from more than one computer. It is easy to setup and designed to work with Windows and Mac.
In this step-by-step guide, we will be taking you through the process of connecting the GoFlex Home drive directly to your Windows computer.
Connecting the drive to a computer (general procedure)
Connect the drive to your router using an Ethernet cable (shipped along with the drive). Next, connect your PC or laptop to the same router over a wired or wireless connection. Once the computer recognizes your drive, you can install its software and configure the drive’s settings.
How can I connect my Seagate GoFlex home directly to a computer?
You can connect your Seagate GoFlex network drive directly to your computer using either a USB or SATA cable. For the same, you need a USB/SATA adapter kit. So, purchase the kit and then begin the connectivity process as discussed below.
The entire connectivity process includes five simple steps:
- Connecting the cables.
- Installing the drive’s software.
- Setting up GoFlex Home.
- Adding a User to GoFlex Home.
- Adding a computer to GoFlex Home.
To know more about the same, continue reading this page.
Connecting the cables
- Connect the Seagate GoFlex drive to a power source using its Power adapter.
- Now, get the USB/SATA adapter kit.
- Plug the drive into the adapter using the USB to SATA Adapter Cable.
- Similarly, connect your computer to the adapter using the USB cable.
- Turn on your computer and the drive.
- When you turn on the drive for the first time, all the lights on its control panel will start flashing.
- Once all the lights become stable, see if the drive is recognized by your computer.
- If yes, go to the next step.
- Otherwise, re-perform the steps.
Installing the drive software
- Insert the Seagate GoFlex Home installation CD into your computer and open it.
- Run the software file on your computer.
- Select the desired language on the Welcome screen and click OK.
- The Setup Wizard of the drive opens automatically within a few seconds. If not, open the Explorer window on your computer and go to the CD section.
- Locate and double-click on the SeagateDashboardSetup.exe file.
- Install the driver software by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Once the driver software is installed, the Installation Complete screen will open.
- Click “Finish” on the final screen.
Setting up GoFlex Home
- Ensure that the Setup Wizard of the Seagate GoFlex Home drive is opened on your computer screen.
- Now, the wizard will try to connect your computer to the drive.
- Once the computer is connected, the screen displaying the device information of the drive will open.
- Create a unique name for your drive and enter it in the “*GoFlex Home Name” field.
- Similarly, type your product key in the “*Product Key” field and click Next.
- Now, the drive will be activated, and the Account Information screen will open.
- Enter the necessary details (username, password, etc.) on the Account Information screen to create your own administrator account.
- After creating the account, register your drive to complete the setup process.
- Once the drive is set up, the “GoFlex Home Setup- Setup is complete on this computer” screen will open.
- Click the Launch Seagate Dashboard button on the final screen.
- Now, the Dashboard of the drive will open.
Adding a user or computer to GoFlex Home
- Click the Add Users option under the “How to…” section of the drive dashboard.
- Add the user of your choice by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Similarly, to add a computer to GoFlex, click the Add Computers option under the “How to…” section and perform the on-screen instructions.
Contact us to know more about connecting the GoFlex Home directly to a computer.