Connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive To Your Computer
- How To connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard Drive Not Detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive To A USB Port.
- How To Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB
- How To Find Out The Backup Files On Backup Plus 3TB Drive
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving Data Between Two Systems
- Seagate-S Drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking On Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Pack Consists Of The Following:
- Backup Plus 3TB External hard drive to Connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive to PC.
- USB Cable.
- Power supply.
- Quick connecting guide.
- Warranty card.
Note: To provide the best performance using the USB interface, Windows 2000 Pro requires Service Pack 4 or higher and Windows XP requires Service Pack 1 or higher. For information about Windows service packs, visit our website wwww.seagate.com support.
System setup before Connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive:
- Windows Me/2000 Pro/XP.
- Windows 98SE.
- Remove Potential Conflicts
- USB driver is installation
Note: Your computer will assign a letter to your Seagate Backup Plus Hard Drive, only when you connect it for the first time. When you connect it later using How to Connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive guide, the same letter will be provided.
System Setup Before Connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive
- Windows Me/2000 Pro/XP
- When you connect USB Mass storage device, Windows will automatically detect it and installs the required drivers.
- Windows 98SE
- Go to our website seagate support and look for the supporting drivers.
- Click the Download the drivers for Windows 98SE button, and USB Connections.
- To install the seagate Backup Plus 3TB driver click on the run option.
- Turn off and Turn on your computer.
- Follow the Connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive to PC instructions to connect the driver.
Note: To provide the best performance using the USB interface, Windows 2000 Pro requires Service Pack 4 or higher and Windows XP requires Service Pack 1 or higher. For information about Windows service packs, visit our website.
USB Driver Installation
Before you proceed to Connect Seagate Backup plus 3TB External Hard Drive to PC, ensure that the USB driver is installed.
- Take the power cord; connect one end of it to the power supply socket which is on the rear of the external hard drive.
- Connect the other end of the power cord to an electrical outlet.
- Attach one end of the USB cable to an available USB port on the back side of your desktop or notebook computer and the other end to the port on the rear of the drive.
- Press the seagate Backup Plus 3TB external hard drive’s Power button which is situated on its rear side and turn it on.
- The external drive is ready to use when the operating system assigns a name and icon for the drive.
- The status of the Seagate Backup Plus 3TB desktop drive i.e. connected or not connected, will be identified through a green light on the top of the drive.
How To Disconnect The External Hard Drive From Your Computer?
Diagnose your Backup Plus 3TB External Desktop hard drive’s status in Device Manager by connecting the drive through USB (2.0).
- On the right lower corner of your monitor or computer screen, double-click on the Windows unplugs or Eject Hardware icon.
- Click on the USB Mass Storage Device or the Seagate External Drive USB Device to highlight it; click Stop.
- Once you press the Stop button, a window displays highlighting the Seagate External Drive USB Device; click OK.
- If you see a message that the USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed, then your device is temporarily removed from your computer while Connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB External Hard Drive to PC.
- Turn off the power on the external hard drive and disconnect it from the computer, if required.